Lugelo is a web and mobile application platform to create amazing journals of your life and events.
You collect information for your journals from various sources as well as collaborate with friends and public to write amazing journals.
"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."--Maya Angelou
By DEFAULT, all journals you create are PRIVATE and cannot be accessed by others.
Friends : You can share specific journals with your friends. Only your friends will be able to read and comment on your journals. Your friends will be able to recommend your journal to others although you will have the final approval of who views your journals.
Public: You can also share selected journals with the public. Note, if you share a journal with the public then every user on Lugelo will be able to read and recommend your journal to others.
Public Journals - You need to add at least 2 Moments to a journal before it can be auto listed on the public tab.
Sharing with Friends-You can share an empty journal with friends as a way to build content together. If the journal is also public, it will not be listed in the public tab until you or your friends have added at least 2 moments to it.
Note, Lugelo reserves the right to remove any public journal from being listed if it does not meet the Terms of Service, Privacy, General Rules and Content Rules stipulated in the respective links at the bottom of this page.
Moment: An activity in your life captured via notes, quotes, audio, images, video, social media, etc. That help tell the journal of your life or event.
Journal and Journalbook: A collection of related moments from various sources (notes, SMS, email, images, videos, audios, social media, uploads, etc.)
My Timeline: A representation of all your moments in all your journals and journalbooks displayed along a line in sequential order. Lugelo provides a platform for individuals to collect moments of a given journal or journalbook into a single timeline.
Clicking the create [+] Journal button from any screen.
In the popup window, give your journal a title and select an image that most represents the essence of your journal.
Upon saving using the save button, your journal is created and you can subsequently proceed to adding moments to it.
All Lugelo user accounts are Free!
4-Ways to create an account on Lugelo:- Continue with Apple Lugelo does not charge for user accounts to create journals and share with your friends and public.
You can add the following content to your journal:
- Text Notes and Quotes,
- Images / Pictures,
- Video Clips,
- Audio Clips,
- Social media posts from Facebook, Twitter and Google+
See Our User-Content-Generated Terms:
You can request Contribute Rights for journals shared by friends or other public journals. Note, You cannot request contribute rights to featured journals.
For Both Public and Friends
- Click on the blue [+] sign to request contribute rights to a journal.
- If the rights are granted, the [+] will change to gray (+)
*** Only the Original Author of the journal can grant contribute rights to a journal.
On Web, iOS and Android:
- Navigate to the moment you want to delete.
- Select the edit pencil (button).
- This will open the edit pop-up window.
- Click the delete button to the bottom left of the pop-up window.
*** This action cannot be undone.
This is a feature that can only be done on the website
To delete your account:
- Open up a web browser and navigate to the Lugelo website
- Login to the account you would like to delete
- Navigate to the My Accounts page by clicking the profile icon on the navigation bar
- Select "Delete Account" and confirm from the popup
- You'll be sent an email or SMS with a code to verify that this is indeed your account
- Enter this code into the popup that appears on the website and confirm to continue
- After confirmation, your account will be deactivated for a period of 30 days. You will be able to recover your account within this period should you decide to sign up
- After 30 days, all your data will be completely deleted from the Lugelo servers automatically.
A Team in Lugelo is a set of Lugelo user accounts (Sub accounts) that are linked to and managed by a Parent Lugelo user account.
When you activate the Team feature you can create child Lugelo user accounts that have access to a set of limited Lugelo features.
Why should I use Teams?
Teams are useful in cases where you need full control over the features and content in Lugelo that child accounts (Team members) can access. This is similar in principle to the Parental controls on TVs etc.
Some examples of when the Team feature might be useful include:
A Teacher can create sub accounts for their students so as to easily track, evaluate and monitor students course work via Journals.
A summer camp instructor can create sub accounts for camp attendees so that they can easily capture and record their camping experiences via Journals
How do I create a Team (sub accounts)?
How do I manage a Team?
What restrictions are applied to Team sub accounts?
We would love to hear from you!
Let us know what you think about Lugelo and how we can make it better.